Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to lift a 1989 Ford F150 4x4 with lift blocks.?

I have a 1989 f150 4x4 302. I want to lift it without buying a suspension lift. After researching on the internet I found out about lift blocks. To put lift blocks in, would I have to change anything on my truck? EX: the u joints, the shocks. etc. or do you just stick the blocks in and your truck has an instant lift? Also where do you put the blocks? Is it easy to do or would I have to take it somewhere to get it done? I would like to lift it about 2-3 inches

ThanksHow to lift a 1989 Ford F150 4x4 with lift blocks.?
hey whats up ford buddy ... you can only block the rear not the front if it was a f350 you could block it but since its 150 only the back can be lifted with blocks its easy to do need good jack an jack stands put stands under frame letting rearend come down just so the wheels dont touch the ground ... take rear wheels off place jack under rearend jack up abit there are 4 bolts on both rear leaf springs holding the axle in place take off both sides leting the jack down just abit just so you can get the blocks in hole to bottom its a no brainer when you see it then just snug everything together da da!!! thats it but now the front i make custom ford lifts for coil over an i could build you a 2 ins lift but think you should have some one put them in you could be killed removing springs from front with out the right tools sorry i know you didnt want to hear that.... but if ya want any help e mail me at johnnyhildenbrand@yahoo.com -AKA- JNJ Performance hope i helped you in some way