Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have some questions on custody?

First off id like some opinions from people of what i should do. Since me and my ex seperated we have shared our daughter even though he wasnt much part of her life when we werent seperated. He takes her every second weekend and 2 nights a week but during the weeks lately ive had her all week and he always tries to change the schedule and make all the rules and he keeps her extra days WHEN he takes her. Shes starting to really act out. She is 3 years old and loves to be at home with her mama. I have a hard time getting her to go with him sometimes. We are both only 21 years old. Hes a good father but i really believe he is not a good influence on her. He parties alot and lives with 2 other guy roomates who both do the same. I dont want my daughter to be thrown around anymore and i know that should be my decision. I know my daughter and im trying my hardest to raise her decent. I live on my own just in a 2 bedroom apartment right now. No roomates just me and my daughter. I dont party ever. I never really drank much at all after my daughter was born. I dont do drugs. Im also 5 months pregnant but my boyfriend works six hours away seasonal so he does not live with us. The one thing that is really getting to me is my daughter's grandma on her dads side also. Since the day i can remember she has always tried to make alot of the decisions for her. She seemed manipulative into trying to make our daughter hers. Always trying to tell me how to raise her whats not okay and okay. Some of her theories are so wack too. When my daughter was 1 and a half i took her out of daycare and she freaked out and said that she would have no social skills when she is older if she isnt in daycare. Everytime she talks about my daughter she says she talked to some child spychologist about it or this person or that person said this. She said someone told her that my daughter would feel more loved if she was thrown around like this. I also remember her telling me one time that our daughter is the family child and that everyone should raise her. My views arent the same as her. Shes almost always a good lady but not a good influence and not one to be telling me the right way to raise my kids when ALL of her 4 kids are drunks and do drugs and they all live in poverty and all act stuck up and rich like they own the world and are all VERY materialistic. I do not want my daughter to be raised like that at all. We are soon moving 20 mins out of the city into a small town where my parents live i think it would be good for us in a nice 3 bedroom house with a backyard. Its a real home for us. I love my daughter so much i just want her to have a normal life. Everytime i try and talk to my ex about he freaks and literally calls me a dumb ***** and thinks because i am on welfare right now because i am pregnant and in school that i would never win. Should i go for full custody or joint custody? What would my chances be do u think for winning full custody from what i have said. Need some answers freaking out insideI have some questions on custody?
Hire a lawyer to help you handle this! Give him all the details and let him take it from there!I have some questions on custody?
OMG, can I just say a few years ago i could have totally wrote this post?!



Im not sure what state your in, but your best bet would be to go to court. You will have to prove he's an unfit father and why its better for your child to be with you (he will probably get every other weekend and rotating holidays) but if you can prove these things, they will give it to you. Even hiring a lawyer will help! If you dont have a parenting plan in place with the courts, then getting one with this schedule like I mentioned will be easy for you. BUT if there is one in place already, you will have to prove why it needs to be changed (seriously show why, you cant just say because you believe, you have to have proof that hes unfit).If you can prove hes like what you said, then you have a good case!